Bib(la)tex entry generator
See the help page.
Add a press or research article.
Or a book, that is a work where the authors share credit for the work as a whole. (Also covers the @inbook entry type of bibtex: when you want to cite a chapter or an appendix, just use @book and specify the pages number of the chapter with the cite command.)
Or a proceedings or a collection, that is, multiple, self-contained contributions by distinct authors. If it's a book with several contributions, it's a collection. If it's a proceedings conference, then use proceedings.
Or a work of reference such as an encyclopedia or a dictionary. This is a more specific variant of the generic collection entry type. The standard styles will treat this entry type as an alias for collection.
Or a part of the previous types:
- inbook, a self-contained part of a book. This is not what you want (you're looking for @book or @incollection). @inbook is very specific. To cite a part of a book in the manner of bibtex, just use @book and specify the page or chapter number(s) with the cite command. Use @inbook to cite a self contained part of a book, like an essay or a lengthy preface/introduction to a translation, etc.,
- inproceedings, a contribution to a conference proceedings,
- incollection, a contribution to a collection,
- inreference, an article in a reference.
Or a technical manual or other documentation.
Or a thesis:
- Use pdhthesis or masterthesis.
- You also may use the "type" field of thesis to specify "phd thesis", "master thesis" or "thèse de doctorat", but it's better to use the specialized types pdhthesis or masterthesis: this way the type will be translated into French automatically.
Or a periodical when you want to cite not a specific article in a journal, but a whole (special and thematic) issue.
Or something else (misc). Use the field "howpublished" to supply publishing information in free format.
Bibtex entry generator
What do you want to add?